The smash hit comedy show featuring two friends unearthing their latest weird and wonderful VHS finds has announced they are coming back to British shores with a stop at Liverpool’s own VideOdyssey, dubbed the ‘UK’s last video shop’ by BBC Radio 4 – which also features a TV studio turned cinema.
A perfect place to take a seat this March, when The Found Footage Festival, the acclaimed touring showcase of odd and hilarious found videos returns with a brand-new show, Volume 9.
Hosts Nick Prueher and Joe Pickett, whose credits include The Onion and The Colbert Report, will celebrate the 15th anniversary of the Found Footage Festival in a nine date tour across England.
The Found Footage Festival is a one-of-a-kind celebration of the videos that time forgot, dredged up in dusty thrift stores and estate sales throughout North America.
Childhood friends Pickett and Prueher take audiences on a guided tour of their latest and greatest VHS finds, providing live commentary and where-are-they-now updates on the people in these videotaped obscurities.
Highlights of the new show include:
● Recently unearthed footage from the 1987 Miss Junior America Wisconsin pageant
● An exercise video called “Skiercise!”
● A local news story about Pudgie Wudgie the Wonder Cat
● A 1982 beauty pageant for men from the southwest of England
● Cringe-worthy courtroom footage of Pickett and Prueher in their legal depositions following a federal lawsuit over their news pranks as strongman duo, Chop & Steele
Wed 4 Mar The Cube, Bristol
Thu 5 Mar Soho Theatre, London
Fri 6 Mar Soho Theatre, London
Sat 7 Mar Soho Theatre, London
Sun 8 Mar Electric Cinema, Birmingham
Mon 9 Mar Broadway in Nottingham
Tue 10 Mar Yes in Manchester
Wed 11 Mar The Brudenell in Leeds
Thu 12 Mar VideOdyssey in Liverpool
Advance tickets to the Found Footage Festival 2020 UK tour are available at foundfootagefest.com