AS more people turn to ferry travel as their preferred mode of travel between Britain and Ireland, the country’s biggest ferry company is giving travellers good reason to choose sea travel over air… 14 good reasons in fact!
Stena Line experienced a significant increase in passengers during 2015 and as part of this year’s National Ferry Fortnight (March 5-19), which aims to attract people who have never travelled by ferry before, the company has put together a list of benefits to encourage ‘ferry first-timers’ to treat themselves to a comfortable and relaxing trip across the Irish Sea and save money and time in the process.
“Ferry travel is definitely one of the most relaxing, stress-free ways to travel, and our increased volumes show that more and more people are appreciating the many advantages that travelling by ferry has to offer,” said Orla Noonan, Stena Line’s Head of Travel, Irish Sea.
“When you come on-board a Stena Line ship, you can expect great service and facilities to match, with beautifully designed suites and cabins, restaurants, bars, cinemas and kids play areas. You can browse in our on-board shop one minute, then indulge yourself in our Pure Nordic Spa the next!
“We believe that there are so many reasons why people should experience travelling by ferry so we thought what better time to point a few out than in National Ferry Fortnight. And to give people even more reason to travel, anyone who books a car trip by the end of National Ferry Fortnight (March 19) can bring two friends for free and save up to £100 on a return trip,” added Orla.
Stena Line’s 14 good reasons why you should take the ferry to Ireland
1) Door to door service – take your car from ‘door to door’ and save hundreds of pounds on car hire, parking, trains and taxis
2) No luggage limits – take as much luggage as you want at no extra cost, everything from your golf clubs to the kitchen sink!
3) Puppy love – take your pet with you and save yourself the heartbreak of leaving your furry friend behind – not to mention the kennel costs while you’re away
4) Free kids – take infants (0-3) for free and also keep an eye out for ‘Kids Go Free’ offers for children up to 15 during the year
5) Childs play – make sure your children’s holiday starts as soon as you get on-board with loads to see and do including the kids play area, on-board game zones and popular characters like Curious George
6) Stretch those legs – take a seat and stretch out those legs in comfortable and spacious surroundings
7) Chill out zone – enjoy some ‘me time’ in Stena Line’s on-board Nordic Spa and save all your stresses for later
8) Bags of fun – take your bags in your own car with no need to check-in or hang around the luggage carousel on arrival
9) Lights, cameras, action – watch a movie in Stena Line’s on-board cinema and save those batteries on your iPad or tablet
10) Sleep like a baby – take a comfortable nap in your seat or in one of Stena Line’s comfy on-board cabins and save your energy for the pleasures ahead
11) Food glorious food – tuck into a delicious freshly-prepared meal in one of Stena Line’s on-board restaurants… and enjoy a drink in the bar afterwards!
12) Walk this way – take a walk around on-board to check out everything the ferry has to offer or revitalise yourself with some fresh air out on deck
13) Shop till you drop – check out the on-board shop and save up to 50% on high street prices on fragrances, spirits, designer handbags and lots more!
14) Lap of luxury – upgrade to Stena Plus and enjoy entry into the luxurious Stena Plus Lounge with complimentary snacks, beverages and newspapers, as well as priority boarding and disembarkation
If the above reasons aren’t enough to entice you to book a ferry trip, Stena Line is also offering first-time ferry travellers and regular customers a chance to book a car trip during National Ferry Fortnight and bring two friends or family along for free.
Available on all of Stena Line’s routes between Britain and Ireland, travellers can book a car trip, to be taken by June 30 2016, from only £79* single with three passengers travelling for the price of one, saving up to £100 on a return trip. Offer closes at 11pm on March 19.
To book, log onto www.stenaline.co.uk, call 08447 70 70 70 or visit your local travel office or agent.
Stena Line is the market-leading ferry company on the Irish Sea, offering the biggest fleet and the widest choice of routes from Britain to Ireland, including Cairnryan to Belfast, Liverpool to Belfast, Holyhead to Dublin and Fishguard to Rosslare routes. The company carries more than 2.5 million on its Irish Sea routes between Britain and Ireland each year, more than its rival ferry operators combined.